Rep. Andrés Cano is running for re-election in 2022 in the new Legislative District 20. He has served in the Arizona House of Representatives since 2019. He addressed the May 30, 2022, meeting of Democrats of Greater Tucson.
Jump to a specific point in the video:
00:00 DGT Logo
00:04 State Rep. Andres Cano’s 5-Point Platform for LD 20
00:08 Welcome to Democrats of Greater Tucson meeting by President Larry Bodine
00:15 Introduction to State Rep. Andres Cano
01:12 State Rep. Andres Cano
Andres’ platform focuses on:
- Economic Recovery: Fight for a living wage, advocate for rental, mortgage, and landlord relief, and fully fund workforce development programs.
- Health Care for All: Lower prescription drug costs, expand Medicaid coverage, and protect women’s reproductive health care.
- Education: Increase teacher pay, lower class sizes, restore funding to public schools, and oppose school vouchers.
- Environment: Protect our air, water, and land, and support renewable energy.
- Criminal Justice: Oppose private prisons, and save taxpayer money by reforming sentencing laws
Prior to elected office, Rep. Cano served as a senior aide to Pima County Supervisor Richard Elias in 2012. He was the youngest policy advisor in Pima County’s history. In his non-legislative role, Rep Cano is the Director of the philanthropic LGBTQ+ Alliance Fund.