- This event has passed.
Young Dem James Cerasia: The View of Young Voters
October 31, 2022 @ 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM MST
James Cerasia will describe how young voters view politics and will identify public issues that matter to them.
A member of Generation Z, who were born between 1996 and 2012, he doesn’t view politics as older Baby Boomers and Millennials see it. People in his generation are facing:
• Failing public high schools
• Barriers to buying a house or entering college
• Landlords with inordinate power over tenant rights
• Worsening climate change, water shortages and wildfires
• Reactionary laws that prohibit personal and reproductive rights
• Cutbacks in tuition-free trade and technical schools
• Taxes that favor the wealthy
• Discrimination based on age, pregnancy, parenthood and sexual orientation
Register in advance for this meeting:
At age 26, James Cerasia is running to be the Recording Secretary of the Pima County Democratic Party. He was appointed to the PCDP Executive Committee in 2021, and he has condemned state laws that discriminate against trans children. He has long been active in Democratic politics, including as the Field Organizer for Biden for President from 2019 to 2020 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
James is a law student at the University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law, set to graduate in 2023. He is the Secretary of the Arizona Law Review. His hometown is Glen Ridge, New Jersey, and he plans to practice labor and employment law, plus political and election law here in Arizona.