Andrés Cano has served in the Arizona House of Representatives since 2019. He is running for re-election in 2022 in the new Legislative District 20.
What district am I in? Click https://bit.ly/3tNrmyG to find out.
His platform focuses on:
- Economic Recovery: Fight for a living wage for working families, advocate for rental, mortgage, and landlord relief, fully fund workforce development programs, and fix our roads and infrastructure
- Health Care for All: Protect seniors by lowering prescription drug costs, expand Medicaid coverage, protect women’s reproductive health care, oppose all efforts that restrict access to safe and legal abortion care, and address gun violence as a public health epidemic.
- Education: Increase teacher pay, lower class sizes, restore funding to our K-12 schools and Pima Community College, and oppose school vouchers and ESAs.
- Environment: Protect our air, water, and land, and support renewable energy efforts.
- Criminal Justice: Oppose private prisons, and save taxpayer money by reforming sentencing laws
Register in advance for this meeting:
Raised by a single mom, Andrés, 29, saw a path for advancement in Arizona’s public schools. He is a first-generation college graduate.
Prior to elected office, Andrés served as a senior aide to Pima County Supervisor Richard Elías in Tucson, Arizona. He became the youngest policy advisor in the County’s history in 2012, overseeing the constituent outreach and neighborhood relations.
Six years later, in 2018, Andrés, a Democrat, was elected to the Arizona House of Representatives.
Representative Cano sits on the House Committee on Ways & Means and serves as the Ranking Democrat on the House Committee on Natural Resources, Energy, & Water.
In his non-legislative role, Andrés is the Director of the LGBTQ+ Alliance Fund, a philanthropic fund of the Community Foundation for Southern Arizona.
Campaign website: www.andresforarizona.com
See below: Andres Cano spoke at the July 12, 2021 meeting of Democrats of Greater Tucson. Click here to read more about his presentation.