Miranda Lopez started as the new Director for the Pima County Democratic Party in March. She graduated from the UA in Tucson in 2018 with a double major in Spanish and Political Science and then worked as a Democratic organizer in Flagstaff for the 2018 midterms.
A native of Phoenix, she was a regional organizing director for the 2020 campaign, in charge of a team of 13 organizers in LDs statewide, particularly LD10. After the election, she returned to the PCDP in 2021 as the Operations Coordinator and was promoted to Director by Chair Bonnie Heidler.
Register in advance for this meeting:
Miranda is currently working on:
- Yes We CAN Climate Action Fundraiser: This Zoom event on July 17 will feature Dr. Michael Mann, a renowned climate scientist and Nobel Prize-winning researcher, and Sandra Kennedy of the Arizona Corporation Commission.
- Voter Activation: There are 6,000 Democrats in Tucson who are now considered “inactive” and are at risk of being removed from the Active Early Voting List (formerly PEVL). PCDP will work with the Arizona Democratic Party to contact these voters and ensure that they will vote.
- Legislative vacancies: Statewide, there could be as many as 19 legislative seats up for grabs, and many are in Pima County. PCDP is working with the Arizona Democratic Party and the Arizona Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee to find new candidates.
- Fundraising: PCDP is developing post-Covid methods to raise funds in general and pay interns for their good work.
- Voter Registration: PCDP is devising a system to track voter registration and contact each voter later to ensure they have the information they need.
- Volunteers: Now that the PCDP office has reopened, we sorely need are more volunteers to make phone calls, recruit canvassers, register voters, and distribute petitions.