Akanni Oyegbola is currently the Acting Mayor of the City of South Tucson. Raised in Washington D.C., Akanni has learned why the local community fabric must be woven with residents who are attentive to local issues and who continue to give back to community initiatives.
He has served as a student, spokesperson, local politician aide, and small business owner. He believes that his leadership skills, as well as his legislative, planning, business, and political experiences bring an important balance to the City of South Tucson.
Currently, as a member of the city of South Tucson’s Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) Committee and local board member for economic development and workforce committee, he has provided pro bono service for the benefit of the community. Furthermore, as a student, he also provided pro bono service through the economic development and planning departments in Prince Georges County MD, and here in South Tucson Arizona.
Register in advance for this meeting:
Akanni Oyegbola’s pro bono service also extends to several organizations and civic offices which include:
- Tucson Pima Collaborative to End Homelessness
- Healthy South Tucson
- Progressive Democrats of Southern Arizona
- South Tucson Operation Prevention Intervention and Treatment (StopIt) through the Diverse Voices in Prevention subcommittee
- The Community Prevention Coalition
- Salvation Army
- Marta’s Table
- So Others Might Eat
- Gospel Rescue Mission
- Saint Vincent De Paul Society
- Community Food Bank
- Refugee Focus of the Lutheran Social Services of the Southwest
- Office of Administrative Hearings through George Washington University law Clinic
- South Tucson court
- The Codman Rounds Clinical Research & Laboratory through the Department of Orthopedic Surgery: Human Movement Biomechanics Lab at Banner University Hospital for patient outcome measures.
Akanni has never wavered from his commitment to the citizens of South Tucson, and only to the citizens of South Tucson within Pima county, acting at every turn with the best interests of the people he represents in mind.